Monday, February 12

Meat


I meant to post this photo a couple of weeks back. I took it during a dinner party Joe and I had to celebrate the birthdays of some friends and the engagement of our former housemate G.

Joe made homemade manicotti (Fuck you, Chef Boyardee!) and his famous “Sunday Sauce,” also referred to as “gravy,” which I understand is both a (New) Jersey thing and an East Boston thing. Red sauce without meat is simply “marinara.”

I was on seconds at that point and I asked G to load me up with some more meat. He was being cute.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm, looks delish. puts me in the mood for some tsoutsoukakia. i'm sure little joe won't be asking for chef boyardee anymore after that feast!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Sandouri Dean Bey said...

yes, joe's sauce doesn't disappoint. actually, homemade manicotti is surprisingly easy to make, unlike other types of pasta that are more challenging.

i haven't had tsoutsoukakia in forever.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tee hee hee!

(I don't like sauce on my meat stick, though.)

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

homemade manicotti is surprisingly easy to make?!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

AMAN YALA CLAIMS NO CREDIT FOR ANY IMAGES FEATURED ON THIS SITE, UNLESS EXPRESSLY STATED. ALL VISUAL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT TO ITS RESPECTFUL OWNERS. IF YOU OWN RIGHTS TO ANY OF THE IMAGES AND DO NOT WISH THEM TO APPEAR ON THIS SITE, PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA E-MAIL, AND THEY WILL BE PROMPTLY REMOVED.