Wednesday, January 10

hawk

A couple times a month I have a close encounter with one or more of the red-tail hawks that live in or near Boston Common, but I never seem to have my camera with me. But this morning, I took it with me, feeling somehow that this would be the day. And it was.

I took a bunch of photos and some videos of a beautiful specimen. I’ll be posting more of the photos in the coming weeks along with the videos once I’ve uploaded them to YouTube.

I guess the photo below shows that hawks and squirrels can be friends after all.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger joey said...

You know, I've been seeing a lot more redtailed hawks lately. I wonder if their population is just increasing. In fact - I don't even remember seeing a hawk when I was young. Great pics!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Will said...

A couple of years ago we had a family of red-tails living at MIT. They became quite a familiar sight around campus and always stopped traffic and drew a crowd whenever they were found sitting on the grass or in a tree somewhere. They were aloof but never hostile and did not regard the respectful crowds as a threat. We miss them!

8:43 AM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Beautiful. I'm jealous.

8:14 AM  
Blogger celsius33 said...

I loved the pics . Back to nature

12:43 PM  
Blogger morphogen said...

Was the squirrel harrassing the hawk? Don't hawks eat squirrels? I am amazed by this photo.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Sandouri Dean Bey said...

it was pretty amazing to see. actually, they must not need to feed very often because i see them in close proximity to one another all the time.

in this case, the squirrel was just hanging out while the hawk sat there preening. it seemed a bit reticent, but not too worried.

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

AMAN YALA CLAIMS NO CREDIT FOR ANY IMAGES FEATURED ON THIS SITE, UNLESS EXPRESSLY STATED. ALL VISUAL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT TO ITS RESPECTFUL OWNERS. IF YOU OWN RIGHTS TO ANY OF THE IMAGES AND DO NOT WISH THEM TO APPEAR ON THIS SITE, PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA E-MAIL, AND THEY WILL BE PROMPTLY REMOVED.