Saturday, August 26

Mystery Chirp

Last night in my living room I heard a cricket that seemed too loud to be outside and when I investigated, sure enough, it was a cricket that had somehow found its way in and was making its music on a pile of old 78rpm’s (mostly Greek) in the corner.

The interesting thing is that it was clearly missing one of its large back legs, which are what I thought they used to make their chirping sound. Joe and I managed to trap it and brought it outside. I should’ve taken a photo.

3 Comments:

Blogger RIC said...

Poor little thing, without a leg...
I think they use a pair of changed wings to produce that... sound. I mean, if you want to get some sleep, you're definitely doomed...
Nice rest of weekend!

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out field cricket.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Sandouri Dean Bey said...

cool, now i know how they make their noise. thanks, mr. rehab!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

AMAN YALA CLAIMS NO CREDIT FOR ANY IMAGES FEATURED ON THIS SITE, UNLESS EXPRESSLY STATED. ALL VISUAL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT TO ITS RESPECTFUL OWNERS. IF YOU OWN RIGHTS TO ANY OF THE IMAGES AND DO NOT WISH THEM TO APPEAR ON THIS SITE, PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA E-MAIL, AND THEY WILL BE PROMPTLY REMOVED.