Monday, August 21

Güllüoğlu


I was sitting here watching Seinfeld on Fox, and it was “The Opposite” episode from the fifth season. In that episode, Elaine’s love of jujyfruits costs her her boyfriend and her job and begins a chain reaction that turns her into a George-like loser.

Anyway, I suddenly had a craving for jujyfruits, and, of course, we didn’t have any in the house (why would we?), so I went hunting for something to satisfy my appetite when it occurred to me that in the cupboard there was a box of Güllüoğlu lokumu (Turkish delight), which are kind of like Ottoman jujyfruits.

It’s not as good as göz lokumu, but it’s damn good. I had too much though.

7 Comments:

Blogger RIC said...

... It's not so good as «göz lokumu» - that I can understand... - but even so you had too much of it though... That makes me wonder how good they really must be... You know. as a sin (!) that has a name.
Never mind! Eat as much and as often as like: you only live once!

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why don't you make it yourself? just call me smart mouth........

9:23 AM  
Blogger Sandouri Dean Bey said...

it's difficult to make! honestly, i've thought about it. do you have a good recipe??

10:24 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

i never heard of it!

11:15 AM  
Blogger The Persian said...

it looks pretty good!

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you, The Persian! it looks pretty interesting! I have never tasted something like that!

4:04 PM  
Blogger belledame222 said...

mmm, lokum. we have a number of Turkish stores around here that sell it. a bit sweet for my tastes in large portions, but once in a while it's just the thing. and much better than jujyfruits.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

AMAN YALA CLAIMS NO CREDIT FOR ANY IMAGES FEATURED ON THIS SITE, UNLESS EXPRESSLY STATED. ALL VISUAL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT TO ITS RESPECTFUL OWNERS. IF YOU OWN RIGHTS TO ANY OF THE IMAGES AND DO NOT WISH THEM TO APPEAR ON THIS SITE, PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA E-MAIL, AND THEY WILL BE PROMPTLY REMOVED.