Wednesday, July 19

Snicker, snicker…


Am I the only one who’s noticed something peculiar (and a little scandaliscious) about Snickers’ new marketing blitz in and around Boston’s neighborhoods? It started out with made-up words like “substantialiscious,” “nougatocity,” “satisfectellent,” and “peanutopolis,” but recently I came across the clearly ill-conceived “hungerectomy.”

It’s clear what they meant, i.e. “ectomy” being the suffix used in medical terminology to refer to “the removal of,” in this case, hunger. But if you take a closer look you might begin to think that maybe they’ve got a horny gay man in their marketing department.

Hung, erect, O my! My O my O my O my. Put that in your mouth. Snickers satisfies? I bet it does!

7 Comments:

Blogger guy among the trees said...

you forgot rectom (sic)! :-p

8:27 PM  
Blogger RIC said...

That is indeed a powerful word. It's got everything inside it. I guess you may consider it poetical too for all associations it triggers. The guy may be horny as horny as can be, but he definitely knows his way around words... Quite a piece, I'd say. :-)

10:11 PM  
Blogger Suldog said...

Reminds me of the (I think it was) Toyota ads on TV a few years back. Their slogan was "GO FARTHER". In the ads, the letters would appear on the screen, one at a time in very rapid fashion, but if you had a VCR and you were really, really bored - you could stop it precisely at "GO FART".

10:28 AM  
Blogger joey said...

Oh my. I bet they did it on purpose :)

1:17 PM  
Blogger guy among the trees said...

particularly if it has nuts in it. thank goodness they don't have corn in them.

7:57 PM  
Blogger uncle boy said...

hahaha.. you have a gr8 way seeing things like that dude.. didnt even cross my mind it could be like that.. O my O my..

5:20 AM  
Blogger The Persian said...

It's not just the Boston area, I've seen these things here in Western MA and in the Hartford CT (our neighbors) area. Interesting.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

AMAN YALA CLAIMS NO CREDIT FOR ANY IMAGES FEATURED ON THIS SITE, UNLESS EXPRESSLY STATED. ALL VISUAL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT TO ITS RESPECTFUL OWNERS. IF YOU OWN RIGHTS TO ANY OF THE IMAGES AND DO NOT WISH THEM TO APPEAR ON THIS SITE, PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA E-MAIL, AND THEY WILL BE PROMPTLY REMOVED.