Monday, March 6

Weekend Wrap-up

Not a bad weekend, though Joe had to work part of Sunday. We went to see Good Night, and Good Luck on Friday after work with our friends M, L, and I. We had dinner at Atasca, which was nice, though a bit heavy. Joe had the bacalhau, which I thought was a bit rubbery. However, their chouriço pâté was yummy.

I had my heart set on seeing Garçon Stupide, which had been playing at the Kendall the week before for what was apparently a one-week engagement. I’ve added it to my Netflix list, though it’s not currently available on DVD.

Then I thought we’d go see Transamerica, but I was outvoted, which was fine, because I really wanted to see Good Night, and Good Luck as well. It was OK. I don’t know that I was overly impressed. I think that George Clooney was much better in Syriana, and I’m glad he took home the Oscar for his supporting role.

What else… On Saturday we rehearsed a bit with Mike the drummer. Later, we went to the screening of a short film called Bachelors Cottage with our friends J and G at Harvard. Afterwards, we trekked up Mass Ave hoping to find a spot on the bar side of Chez Henri, because J said they make the best cubanos around. Naturally, they were jam packed, so we went around the corner to the West Side Lounge. M (the director) and I had cosmopolitans. G had a ginger martini. Joe and J had two mojitos apiece. Joe and I split a burger.

I made Joe and me a nice brunch yesterday. Joe worked a bit, and I caught up on some laundry and other tasks. Towards dusk we took a nice walk through the Blue Hills Reservation. It’s quite vast and really beautiful. During our walk I asked Joe if he thought trees have consciousness. He said that he hoped they didn’t.

1 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

This is funny because I was taken to dinner tonight at Ataska--my first visit there. We had had a meeting with two women theater managers from India as we're exploring an exchange with their company.

Amyway, I had one of the two bacalhau dishes on the menu and, at least tonight, it came out flaky and very tender. I also really liked the roasted garlic dipping oil for their Portugese white corn bread.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

AMAN YALA CLAIMS NO CREDIT FOR ANY IMAGES FEATURED ON THIS SITE, UNLESS EXPRESSLY STATED. ALL VISUAL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT TO ITS RESPECTFUL OWNERS. IF YOU OWN RIGHTS TO ANY OF THE IMAGES AND DO NOT WISH THEM TO APPEAR ON THIS SITE, PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA E-MAIL, AND THEY WILL BE PROMPTLY REMOVED.