Monday, March 27

Random Stuff

My friend I sent me this. It’s childish, I know, but pretty fucking funny nonetheless.

On a completely unrelated note, I received a letter today from GAIAM, a company specializing in organic and eco-friendly products. The letter was to inform me that they no longer carry Seventh Generation Chlorine-Free Bleach. I had ordered a case from them a week or so ago. There was no explanation as to the reason why they have stopped carrying it. It was out-of-stock at a couple of other places too, so I’m wondering what’s up with this particular product.

Anyway, if anyone else is having a difficult time locating a source for chlorine-free bleach, I just ordered a case from Kokopelli’s Green Market in Vermont. It’s manufactured by a European company called Ecover. Sorry, Seventh Generation. I tried. Of course, I suppose I could have gone to Whole Foods or some such place, but I don’t know that they carry chlorine-free bleach, and in any event there isn’t a Whole Foods nearby—I live in a very unfashionable neighborhood. I’m sure I’m not the only person out there who doesn’t live near a Whole Foods, but who is interested in a more eco-friendly way to wash their their t-shirts, shorts, and peştemals.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

i bet my mom would agree with kate m.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Sandouri Dean Bey said...

i think ryan would look pretty cute in a peştemal :)

10:06 AM  
Blogger The Persian said...

I don't use bleach. It's funny I was over my grandmother's last week using her washer/dryer and had just put in my tshirts & undies and she reached for the Bleach. I said no..I don't want to use it. OH YES YOU DO! she said and proceeded to try and pour it in anyway, pushing me aside. We wrestled with the bottle and I (of course) won. Jeesh Grandmother's are stubborn! Like Kate said, drying on the line is a wonderful and aromatic to dry clothes.


:)

10:28 AM  
Blogger Sandouri Dean Bey said...

persian guy in a peştemal... hmmmmm.... you know, they had hamams in persia too!

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

AMAN YALA CLAIMS NO CREDIT FOR ANY IMAGES FEATURED ON THIS SITE, UNLESS EXPRESSLY STATED. ALL VISUAL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT TO ITS RESPECTFUL OWNERS. IF YOU OWN RIGHTS TO ANY OF THE IMAGES AND DO NOT WISH THEM TO APPEAR ON THIS SITE, PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA E-MAIL, AND THEY WILL BE PROMPTLY REMOVED.