Friday, March 24

Ducks love that dirty water.



I don’t always carry a digital camera with me. I had one today because I was scheduled to appeal a parking violation tomorrow morning at Boston City Hall and I needed to photograph the parking meter on Boylston Street where I was parked a couple of months ago when I received a ticket at 7:34pm even though you don’t have to feed the meters after 6:00pm, except that when I went to photograph the meters today, I discovered that the hours listed were 8:00am to 8:00pm, which means that either I misread the meter initially or they have since changed the meters, which is unlikely. For weeks I’ve been looking forward to going into my hearing and telling them all to kiss my ass for giving me a ticket an hour and a half past when the meters get turned off. Of course, I waited until the very last minute to photograph the meter. Anyway, tonight I mailed a check for $25 to the parking clerk.

So on my way back to work I passed through the public garden and saw that even they had drained the pond, there were still a bunch of ducks hanging in out in the muddy puddles, and I thought to myself, “Jeez, those ducks sure love that dirty water.”

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you hate it when you're wrong...especially after you put so much energy into proving that you're right.

And as for the previous post - you are a tease, n'est-ce pas?

7:18 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

sounds like what they did 2 my mom when she went 4 jury duty she had the parking pass and all so she went and did her duty when she came out she had a 5.00 dollar ticket and when she called she said i had the pass in the window they told her she was park in one of the places that jury people couldn't park.

9:20 AM  
Blogger The Persian said...

Ducks are filthy birds much like Pigeons. I remember when I was in london last year at the park adjacent to Buckigham palace the ducks were swimming in these murky disgusting ponds of water and their excriment was so thick on even the sidewalks you were hard pressed to avoid stepping in it.

EHK!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Sandouri Dean Bey said...

but they're soooooo tasty!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

AMAN YALA CLAIMS NO CREDIT FOR ANY IMAGES FEATURED ON THIS SITE, UNLESS EXPRESSLY STATED. ALL VISUAL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT TO ITS RESPECTFUL OWNERS. IF YOU OWN RIGHTS TO ANY OF THE IMAGES AND DO NOT WISH THEM TO APPEAR ON THIS SITE, PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA E-MAIL, AND THEY WILL BE PROMPTLY REMOVED.