Wednesday, January 11

Yum

My friend Kate is back from Istanbul and the other day she sent me these fab photos that she took while she was there.

OK, it may not be göz lokum, but it is still a delicious looking plate of real authentic Turkish lokum (i.e. Turkish delight). And the sheep heads made me think of the sheep head that I still have frozen in my basement freezer from this past Easter, when Joe and I roasted a whole lamb on a spit in the backyard. The halal butcher in Roslindale asked me if I wanted the head included, and I said yes thinking that I’d roast it separately, which of course I haven’t done. I think I might simply use it to make some broth.

Anyway, speaking of roasting lamb, I want to send warm greetings for Eid ul-Adha (عيد الأضحى) to all of my Muslim readers in the Arab world, and the same warm wishes for Kurban Bayramı to all of my Turkish friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

AMAN YALA CLAIMS NO CREDIT FOR ANY IMAGES FEATURED ON THIS SITE, UNLESS EXPRESSLY STATED. ALL VISUAL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT TO ITS RESPECTFUL OWNERS. IF YOU OWN RIGHTS TO ANY OF THE IMAGES AND DO NOT WISH THEM TO APPEAR ON THIS SITE, PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA E-MAIL, AND THEY WILL BE PROMPTLY REMOVED.